Monday, February 10, 2014

my pregnancy essentials


Well, I have officially entered the third trimester of this pregnancy.
And I can honestly say there is a very surreal feeling that surrounds that realization.
We are in the final stretch! Quite literally if we are considering my stomach right now.
And with that somewhat imaginary line of "crossing over" into this last trimester I have officially acquired some fatigue, indigestion, and the cankles.
I mean, would this be a legitimate experience if I didn't get the cankles? At the end of the day, my puffy ankles are just humorous and they add some comic relief to the otherwise more uncomfortable conditions.

So, when I look back at my pregnancy (so far) there are definitely a few things that I consider to be pretty wonderful. And I thought I would share a few of those things on here.
All you mommas out there, what were/are some of the things you considered to be "essentials" during your pregnancy?
Also, cankle stories are encouraged and appreciated.

1 // Wen Cleansing Conditioner. I started enjoying the benefits of this stuff before my pregnancy. But, it really just feels like I am pampering myself, which is a plus during these months when I haven't exactly felt one hundred percent. The smells are soothing. My hair is healthier, grows faster, and I have found that I don't need a trim as often as a result of split ends.

2 // Clementines. Citrus in general. I feel obsessed because it always sounds good. Matter of fact, during the first trimester when I was struggling with nausea, grapefruits and oranges where one of the few things that always seemed to settle well on my stomach. 

3 // L'occitane Organic Pure Shea Butter. This stuff is amazing. I have been using it all over my tummy to prevent stretch marks and to battle the extreme dryness of winter. A little goes a long way. It also soothes the itchiness that my stretched skin has started to experience. Not to mention, I use it around my scar on my stomach from my recent surgery and it does not irritate my super sensitive skin.

4 // KIND bars. These are the perfect snack. Especially because I personally feel like I am eating something small every couple hours. I find them to be quite filling and they are gluten free. Plus, with my diabetes constantly changing at this point in my pregnancy, I really appreciate that they don't spike my blood sugar (I tend to eat the ones without a lot of fruit).

5 // Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm. It's winter. My lips are constantly in need of moisture. And I really have no idea if this has anything to do with my pregnancy. But, I have used this product pretty much every day for the last couple months. It's especially necessary before I apply any lipstick to my lips. Plus it smells like coconut and pear. So there's that. 

6 // A Notebook. Preferably a compact one that can be stuffed into a purse at a moments notice. I am a list person. And I like to write my lists out every day. And cross things off.  Pregnancy has only brought that tendency out even more (helllloooo nesting). Especially when it comes to keeping track of things I needed to register for and all those doctor appointments. It's the simplest thing and yet it has provided me with a whole lot of sanity to have one notebook that I can go to for all things baby girl.

2 comments:

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...