Wednesday, December 11, 2013

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas




 Can it be possible that in only two weeks it will be Christmas?
I just want to absorb the whole season a little longer.
And if I am honest, I feel like sometimes I am grappling for the Christmas of my childhood in the midst of the busyness that creeps in to this season as I get older.

I am being more intentional this year. 
Taking time to appreciate the small things wrapped within Christmas.
Like those first few snows that we have received this year (crossing our fingers for a white Christmas) and the little prints you find undisturbed and imprinted in it.
It's those simple things that point to something greater: the heartbeat behind Christmas. 
I've been reading "The Greatest Gift" by Ann Voskamp. 
And it has been such a powerful reminder of the reason we have hope during this season. 
The reason we have hope for this life. 
Jesus.
I need that reminder.
One of my favorite quotes from the book so far:
"The answer to deep anxiety is the deep adoration of God"
Seems so basic. But, how often do I misplace this idea, not just during this season, but throughout the year?
 I am keeping it close and letting it filter how I view Christmas this year.


(p.s.the advent cards are from the talented Naptime Diaries. I purchased them last year and I love them so.)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...