Thursday, June 6, 2013

So, what's the heartbeat?


I wish you could see the notebook that holds all things related to this blog.
I wish you could see all the scribbles and scratches and arrows and giant lines crossing words and sentences out. 

Over the last month of taking time off and seeking the Holy Spirit about why I write here I came to the conclusion that I'm not sure I know the heartbeat of my blog. 
What makes it tick? What inspires me to write here? 

A heartbeat is what determines if we are still alive, no? A heartbeat puts us among the living. 
And in some metaphorical ways I suppose we could view the heartbeat as the center thing
The meaning behind it all that pushes and moves us forward.

So, when I couldn't nail down the pulse to this space, naturally I was concerned. 
Naturally, it all felt a little lifeless and dead. 
And I am sure that I am not alone in writing that I want to be imparting life-giving encouragement through this space. 
I want there to be a heartbeat behind it all. 

I put together a space that looked and felt more aesthetically pleasing to me.
And I hope it is to you as well. 
I have prayed over this space the last month.
And I really felt the heartbeat of this blog being drawn out of my own. 
The very things that God has been growing and teaching me.

The heartbeat:

To encourage women (and myself) to view our lives as a gift from God. And as a result, to live intentional lives of celebration in whatever season we are planted. 

I am choosing to do this by celebrating the blessings in the small, everyday things, encouraging discussion, and taking joy in the story.

I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...