Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter reminds me to hope.




I hope your Easter weekend was full of good memories, time to reflect, and the promise of Spring weather.
Erick and I had a really great weekend together. We spent some time in northern Michigan watching my parent's animals while they were on vacation (in the warmer weather of the south!). 
And our state is starting to thaw and that means more birds chirping and less snow on the ground. 
And more sun shining and less cloudy days. 
I am grateful.

 I spent the afternoon on Friday attending a Good Friday service at our church. What a blessing that was. 
It's always awesome to gather together and worship. 
But, the sermon was especially moving and challenging and it refocused my heart towards the whole reason surrounding Easter: Jesus died. And He rose again. 

I couldn't stop thinking about the hope that this past weekend brings.
 Hope.
 Over and over that word was going through my head. 
We have hope that this life is not just an exercise in existence. We have hope that there is a point. 
That there is more. That our faith is not in vain.
 Because Jesus died, but then rose, we have hope!
 Death has been defeated. Suffering is not empty. The story is not over yet.

There is such immense peace and joy in that friends. 
And I felt filled to the brim with all of that this past weekend because it is a hope that goes far beyond one weekend a year. 
It is a life giving, life changing hope that changed my life. 
Has it changed yours? 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...