Friday, March 8, 2013

Waiting with joy


This morning as I walked out my front door, with the presence of snow still visibly on the ground, I was greeted by the sun and the briskness that is still in this air.
As my eyes scanned my surroundings, I witnessed a group of deer all running together through the snow. They were moving quickly. They were not stopping. They were all clustered together. They were on a mission to somewhere. And as they rounded the corner with all the speed they could muster, I noticed how one deer stopped and waited for all the rest to make it. And as soon they did, he followed right behind. 

I have been reminded in my daily and personal life what it means to have faith to walk with God through periods of waiting. I suppose this lesson, as of late, has really been twofold. 
One: I am more aware of the fact that waiting on God should be full of joy because of who I am waiting on. And Two: I am more sensitive to the idea that we are all a part of a body but we are all living a unique story at the same time.

Let me expound on the first. 
In this season of waiting that I am in. Right now. Currently. God has just so clearly convicted me that I need to be joyful. Because I am waiting on HIM. I am not waiting on my situation to change.
 I am not waiting for a change in status. I am waiting on Jesus Christ. 
Who is my provider and sustainer. Who makes all things new in its time. Who never leaves a good work unfinished. That should leave me with joy not despair. I should be walking this part of my story with confidence. I should be looking ahead, in faith, at what God is going to do. 
I need to be following after Him, my eyes set on His feet.

Here comes the second part. 
As we wait on God. As we are building that faith in Him alone. We are all waiting together. 
We may not be waiting on the same things. But, the fact that we are trusting in God to add the next line to our story is a common ground, no?
Let's encourage each other. Let's run this race together. Let's look out for one another. 
 Even though we may not be in the same area of life we are ultimately running the same race.

I suppose what I am trying to say is this: instead of us being critical of the different seasons we walk through. Instead of us questioning why one person is still in this position of life and not in another. Instead of even condemning ourselves because we thought we would be here or there or doing something completely different (by now).
Choose encouragement. Choose joy. Choose to have faith that goes outside these circumstances (that we see right now).
We can be so critical of others and what they are doing or not doing. 
And we can be so critical of ourselves in that same vein. 

And now we are entering the conclusion. 
I want to wait on God with faith. I want to finish well as this season comes to a close in my life. 
I want to be filled with expectant joy because of who I am waiting on. 
And I want to encourage my fellow friends who are also waiting. 
I want to build them up not belittle the season they are in. 
I want to spur them on and tell them to keep running the race. 

Are you waiting on God for that next step right now? Do you know someone that is?

"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint."
Galatians 6:9 (AMP)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a great reminder to come into His presence with joy. Especially when waiting. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful illustrated. thank you for sharing Ashton- couldn't have come at a better time. ~Deirdre

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...