Wednesday, March 6, 2013

meeting influential women

I am so excited to be linking up today with some of the lovely women that I have met through the Influence Network. 
I have been so blessed and encouraged by you all! And I am excited to get to know you better!
Alright, let's get down to business. 

3(somewhat disoriented)things about myself:

1. I have a degree in Creative Writing and have never found a "formal" job in my field. 
Hence how this blog was born.
 I really love to write and journal and basically go on and on about things I am passionate about. 
Which in case those things seem illusive: Jesus, my husband, and all those little things in life that really are not so little.

2. Some "little things" I am addicted to (in no particular order):  Iced coffee. It may not be healthy. But, I am awake most of the time as a result.
 And I really love music: listening, singing, and playing the guitar. While I'm at it I'll just throw in that I have somewhat of an emotional bond with my guitar. She pulls at my heartstrings.
The movie "You've Got Mail". I saw it in theaters with my mother when I was a entering my teen years (yes, I just dated myself). I get warm fuzzies every time I watch it. 
My husband has been subjected to watching it with me many times and can now quote most of the movie.

3. I really desire to live a life that is full of purpose. I'm sure we all do. But, sometimes I feel like I am still trying to find my footing. Does that make sense? I have things I am passionate about. I have dreams. And I want to honor and bring glory to God with those things. It just takes me longer than most to take a leap or to figure out my niche. I am learning to trust God more in this area and believe that all my purpose can be wrapped up in Him alone.

1 thing I have learned through this network:

Probably the thing that has spoken to my heart the most throughout my time in the network is that I have a story to share.
And not only that, but it is a story for God's glory. Going back to that purpose thing.
That what I do here in this space has the ability to point to Jesus. I just love that. 
And I have loved reading all of your stories! I can not tell you how many times I have been challenged, convicted, and encouraged by your words.
It's pushed me in so many good ways.

23 comments:

  1. so so so so excited that you live in michigan - i still need to find out where. and also so so so excited to get to know you better through the network! :) you're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also SO excited to meet another Michigan gal! :)

      Delete
  2. Love number 3, I feel the same way most of the time, taking that leap of faith is the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. God is definitely leading me through this season of learning to trust Him more. :)

      Delete
  3. Totally hear your heart in all this and resonate with so much of it! Can we be friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ashley! I would love to be friends! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love what you said about You've Got Mail. I don't know how this happened (I don't watch a lot of movies and don't particularly enjoy chick flicks), but I have seen that movie a million times (as has my husband). We, too, quote it to each other all the time. For instance, neither of us can every say the word "tweaking" without the other saying "T-w-e-a-k-i-n-g. Tweaking." So glad we aren't the only ones. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hope, this made me laugh out loud! I love it. So glad to meet another person that has my sense of humor on this matter. :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE "You've Got Mail"! I think even though time has obviously moved on, there are so many things still so true about it. Fab film. And I love no.3- I also want to live a life that's full of purpose :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree Alice. There is something about the movie that does seem so classic. :)

      Delete
  6. Iced coffee and You've Got Mail are two keys to my heart. Let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmm iced coffee.. I could go for one of those right now! ALSO, I love how you said you enjoy that you have a little place in this online world that points to Jesus. Totally right there with you. I love that he has given us all a story, like you said. A story that NEEDS to be heard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how awesome that we can point to what He has done in our lives? It is worth sharing!

      Delete
  8. Fun post! I always love little tidbits- and the blogging world is such a great way to connect to wonderful, inspiring, beautiful women- inside and out.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I have met so many lovely women through it.

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to hear even more of your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadine! I can't wait to share what God is going to do! :)

      Delete
  10. i'm a creative writing major too! just graduated in december and no job in the field yet haha. i'm so ok with it though. i KNOW God will provide. writing is just a love i have. and photography. here's to making passions and loves our jobs :) so great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you Megan! Personally, writing is something I am too passionate about to not pursue it. Regardless if I get a job or not. :)
      Best to you as you seek a job!

      Delete
  11. iced coffee. music. yes, yes, yes.

    i so feel ya on no.3. i haven't found a job in my field yet either and some days it's really discouraging. i do enjoy my job now though, so i'm grateful for that. i've learned to look for the purpose where i am, and that's helped me to find a little bit of footing in this tenuous stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, we obviously have some fundamental things in common. ;)

      Also, I love how you said you have learned to look for purpose where you are at. That is so wise. I need to put that into practice more!

      Delete
  12. Hello from a fellow Influence member! :) Love your three things...I'm also a coffee/iced coffee addict, and You've Got Mail is my absolute favorite movie too! Look forward to learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...