Monday, February 25, 2013

guy style//girl style// let there be polka dots.

 Guy: Shirt: Express / Tie: AE / Belt: h&m / Oxfords: Sebago (found here) / Pants: AE / Girl: Cardigan: Banana Republic / Dress: Maurices / Belt: Thrifted / Tights: Calvin Klein (Marshalls) / Oxfords: Restricted / Necklaces: Banana Republic & The Giving Keys (found here) / Sunglasses: Kate Spade

Happy Monday everyone! 
Or almost Tuesday, because there is really only 45 minutes left to this Monday (and probably less once this is published).

Let's talk polka dots. 
Personally, I love them almost as much as I love stripes. And it's really unhealthy how much I love stripes. 
I can't think of another pattern (besides those stripes) that are perfect for layering and perfectly classic. 
And as we longingly look towards those spring days, polka dots just seem to be really transitional. 

And if that isn't enough to convince you to embrace the dot, I'll throw this in for free: polka dots are just bursting with whimsy (in my opinion). 

So much so that I think it's perfectly appropriate to ponder days of old and listen to a lot of Frank Sinatra (or Tony Bennett) while donning them. 
And if you're like me it will make the whole polka dot experience that much more enjoyable.

 Some of my favorite polka dot expressions here, here, here, oh and here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love polkadots... and navy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love polka dots! Last week I wore dots on 2/5 days at work- which is one way to make a splash at a new job!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love that Alice! They are such a happy print!

      Delete
  3. My husband would kill for those oxfords!
    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...