Monday, January 21, 2013

The most compelling of many options

Hello friends.
I hope this month has been treating you well so far.
I must be honest with you all (or honest with myself) and simply state the obvious: I have not been writing very much.
And maybe that isn't the type of thing that many would feel compelled to mention or confess.
And I maybe I shouldn't feel compelled to mention it either.
But, I feel like I owe to all of you and myself to be honest on this space.

I mean, after all what is the use of writing if you can't (or won't) be honest while doing it?
I know, to an extent we all filter.
And to an extent, that is probably a good thing.

I have been digging through some emotions lately. Emotions of failure. Emotions of seeking.
Just dealing with them by trying to understand where God is pointing me.
And this space has been on my mind as a result.

I want you all to know. And I want myself to read it (over and over again if necessary): my desire for this space is to be much more than a "trophy case" for my life.

I hope it to be encouraging and challenging and full of the lighthearted moments that make us stop and forget.
I hope for community and inspiration and ideas.
I hope for good writing and good discussion and good changes as a result.
I hope for a space that reflects the things I am most deeply passionate about: my Savior and my husband.
I hope for a place that makes much of God and what He is doing in our lives.

Writing in this way has become such a soul searching process for me. More than I ever thought it would be.
I think whenever we pursue something that is rooted in the deeply personal...it becomes a learning tool.
And this space has been just that to me.
So many times.
And in so many ways.  

My desire is that I will find the courage to pursue something with all my heart and toss the fear and anxiety all out the window. Do you ever feel that way?
That there is something tugging on your heart and you just need that moment of supernatural courage to run after it.

I once heard a sermon where the preacher concluded by telling us to follow the most compelling of many options that God has set before you at any cost.

It's been rolling around in my head as I ask: what pulls on me the most and am I pursuing it at any cost? 

What about you?















No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...