Thursday, January 10, 2013

on 26

Don't you think that getting older is such a surprising process? 
In the sense that you never really notice it happening (until that one day you spot a gray hair).
Time just sneaks up on us. 
I find myself saying "time just flies" more and more as I get older.
 Just like I heard older people repeating over and over throughout my childhood. 
What is it about youth that makes time linger just a little longer?


So, here I am (in the middle of the night) on my 26th birthday trying to make sense of all that.
Apparently age gives one the right to think too much and come to few conclusions as well. 

This year has been such a growing process.
 I can't seem to wrap my mind around the thought that a year ago Erick and I were still living in south carolina (shout out to our sc peeps).

I feel like I have been stretched (and then stretched some more) in so many different areas of my life. 
I have grown this year, but it was felt with pain and tears at times.
And then there were moments when I would grasp something and feel tremendous joy.
God made it abundantly clear the areas in my life that needed attention. 
And sometimes growth is not graceful or lovely. Even though I am the recipient of much grace. 
 
 I think it is too easy to look back on a year of my life and think of all the things I didn't do. 
To dwell in the things that remain to be seen.
The things I'm still working on.
The things I'm still hoping for.
The things I may be disappointed in.

But, not right now.
Because my God has brought me along. He isn't finished with me yet. He makes all things new. 
He never leaves a good work unfinished. He works it to completion.


26 will be different than 25 because of it. 

(here are some of my favorite memories of 25)






4 comments:

  1. I never thought I would be one of those who fought age, but I just turned 29 and it freaked me out! Gray hair, no prob...I've been getting rid of that for at least 5 years. I'm starting to notice some fine lines that don't seem to ever go away!!! Like I said, it's freaking me out. Hopefully we can both get over aging and just let nature take it's course:) Happy birthday!
    The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Melissa! It's crazy how you just wake up one day and notice something different!
      Thank you for the Birthday wishes! I am warming up to 26. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Wait until you lose a year...I actually thought (for reals) that I was a year younger than I am...maybe that's a good thing ;) Best wishes on your path. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so funny because I have been adding a year since my Birthday. I think I am subconsciously thinking I am my husband's age....but it freaks me out every time. ;)

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...