Thursday, December 13, 2012

He Came

How is your Christmas Season coming along? 
I know, at this point, a lot of us are busy being festive. Attending Christmas parties and Christmas events. Attempting to finish or start Christmas gift shopping. Spending time with family that is either near or far. Maybe even putting the finishing touches on events or the Christmas dinner menu. 

I was reminded a few days ago, as I was busy feeling the pressure of finishing up Christmas shopping, that I was forgetting the whole reason why I acknowledge Christmas at all. 
I was too distracted. 

 Sometimes in the midst of decking the halls, and watching insane amounts of Christmas movies, and going to celebrations, and even serving in special ways, we miss the quite stillness. 

We get caught up in the materialism that sometimes surrounds Christmas. 
And while I believe that giving a gift and serving are all forms of sacrifice and gratitude, do we even think about why?
  
We were given a precious gift in the form of a tiny baby. A gift that we do not deserve. 
And because of that we can now give. We can celebrate.
Shouldn't that be the source of my joy this Christmas season? 
Shouldn't that be the source of my hope?

He came so quietly. 
Of all the ways He could have come, He chose a stable. 
He came humbly. The Savior of the World. Our blessed hope. 
He came!

"For a child has been born--for us! The gift of a son--for us! He'll take over the running of the world. His names will be: Amazing Counselor, Strong God, Eternal Father, Price of Wholeness."
:: Isaiah 9:6 (MSG)

He came for me. He came for you. He came for the whole world. 
During the distractions of this season I am choosing to remember that He is my joy. 
He is my whole hope. 

Joy to the World, the Lord has come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi There!!!! I'm Hanna. LOVE your blog and I love making new friends!!!! I am your newest follower:)I found you on wonderful Casey's blog "on your heart" post!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! You can find me anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanna! Welcome! I am so glad to have you here!
      I just love Casey's blog and her "on your heart" posts.
      Hope you are having a lovely holiday season as well! :)

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...