Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A time for family



This past weekend has been full of so much change.
Not only for so many of us in our personal lives, but also for our country as a whole.

 I've defintely taken some time off from the blogging world over the weekend.

Mostly, because I have been spending precious time with my family.
Whom I love so dearly.

 My brother is officially home from SC for a long Christmas vacation.
 And it just feels like old times.

Being able to gather at my parent's house and tell stories and jokes.
 Laughter, sometimes to the point of tears. Being able to share good food. Sitting around the lights of the Christmas tree.

How many times have I taken these blessings of family for granted?
I am so grateful for them.
And I am grateful that God has placed me in both of my families.
With these people.

I know I have been challenged and reminded this Christmas Season to cherish my time with all of them.
To not spend my time on lesser things. Pursuing things that are temporary. Chasing after things that are materialstic.
Instead, I plan on remembering the very things and people I take for granted.
I encourage us all to do that.

My prayers are still going out to all of those affected in Connecticut. 







4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!
    xoxo
    http://fashionbohem.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet words! Cute blog, I'm your newest follower!

    www.sarahlagen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have been so heartbroken and have struggled with how to express my feelings. Great, thoughtful post.

    The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so well said ashton. thank you and may you and yours be merry and bright this Christmas. x0

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...