Wednesday, November 14, 2012

some thoughts on poms, bustling, and headbands


I can feel the holiday spirit creeping up on our little city as it seems busy with the bustling of people. 
Sometimes in the midst of trying to accomplish everything before these wonderful days of the year, we can get a little lost. 
I am trying to remind myself to savor this time. And to really focus on what I have to be grateful for. 
God has given me far more than I deserve.
With the busy and bustle of this week I thought I would mention a few of my favorite things that are making me a little skippy. 

Christmas wrapping. Whoever gets this giant fluffy pom on their package is to be determined.
But, I kinda' just want to cuddle with it. 

Unfortunately, the owls rendered me helpless.

Clothes Pins. They are a sign that things are getting accomplished in my little office room.
Soon, things shall be hanging from them in office glory!

My new headband! From my sweet friend Whitney!
Here is her recently opened Etsy shop if you would like to take a looksy at all the adorable headbands she creates. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the owls. I love all of this stuff, but especially...the owls. Your pom reminded me of my wrapping affliction though, too. It takes me days, upon days and hours, upon hours to wrap. Every family gets different paper from flocked velvet to solid colors under lace. And, the embellishments...sparkly tags and fluffy bows, satin ribbon and fun little ceramic trinkets. Needless to say, not everyone appreciates the time it takes to break into their treasures, but I sure have fun packing them up! Thanks for always making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Cristy, I completely agree about the wrapping! I want to finish it quickly, but I'm so slow at it. But, it's so fun to receive a package that looks as lovely on the outside. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to do the greeting cards on the clothesline thing this year. Totes.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Such a fun and easy idea! :)

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...