Thursday, November 1, 2012

How about a smoothie?

I am about a week into making some major changes in my diet.
See this and this if you would like some background.
With that said, there are not many "sweet things" that are acceptable for me to be eating at this point. 
So, for fear that I am going to break my jaw from chewing way too much sugarfree gum....I decided to go on a smoothie adventure.
It was an adventure because I attempted to create a drink that not only tasted good and had the illusion of "sweet" but also was low carb in nature.
Before you now, are my findings. 
And I think it rocks.
But, I am also the desperate writer looking for anything to satisfy my sweet tooth at this point. 
So, bust out your blender and give it a try.
Please feel free to share any truly low carb recipes you have lying around.....especially if they ease chewing gum dependency!

Smoothie Recipe
(in all of it's low carb glory!) 

8oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop of Egg Protein Powder(vanilla custard flavor)
2 tbsp. Peanut Butter 
(you can add less pb if you want to deduct more carbs)

1 stevia packet 
1 tsp. cinnamon
 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder 

1/2 of a large glass of ice 
 (depending on how you like the consistency of your smoothie)

Blend it!
Total carbs: 10 grams 


     


4 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I'm definitely gonna have to try it! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think girl! :)

      Delete
  2. You're awesome Ashton! That smoothy actually does sound really delicious! I hope you are doing well and surviving past any cravings you may be experiencing :)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You are so sweet Whitney! Yes, with God's help I am resisting all those sweet things! :)

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...