Monday, October 8, 2012

Lately, in Michigan...

The trees are turning at a rapid rate! I would say that in some areas of the state we are past peak color. It has been quite a show let me tell you. The trees in this state never cease to make my jaw drop at how absolutely vibrant they can get. 
I have been consuming an unusual amount of apples. Is that normal? Oh well, if it's an apple or a pumpkin based food product, I am all about it. 

Erick and I spent some time this past week taking long drives down some rural roads and visiting some pumpkin farms where there is (inevitably) an explosion of pumpkins, and corn husks, and precious animals.

And if that isn't enough to get someone in the spirit of all things fall, the temperature decided to help us along and plummet.
We actually had to turn our heat on in this little apartment because the nighttime temps were only in the mid twenties. 
Yup, a little taste of what is just hiding around the corner!
 






3 comments:

  1. so beautiful. there is something about apples this time of year. its great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves haven't started changing much in NYC so I'm pretty jealous over here! Enjoy all those apples. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, here the leaves are turning into red and yellow very rapidly too :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...