Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life Detox.

I've been having one of those weeks where I just need to take some time and refocus. 
You know those weeks? 
The ones where there are so many questions and thoughts going through the brain that you have to step back and take an inventory of everything?
 I would love to say that I'm one of those people that does great in public situations whenever I am overwhelmed. 
But, alas, I am not.
 I need alone time.
 Do you ever need that too? 
Just time to be still and silent. Time to be away from distractions and anything else going on in the world around you.
So, the last couple days I have been hunkered down in our apartment (very hermit like) and have been praying and reading my Bible and journaling and taking bubble baths and making chili and drinking loads of detox tea. 
It helped that it rained yesterday. 
I love the sound of summer rain. 
It just seems to wash all the heat away. 
Everything looks instantly more green: more alive. 
Sometimes my life mirrors that.
 I have felt slightly dry in spirit lately. And this time to just focus and pray is like rain. 
It starts like a sprinkle and then it begins to pour out.
 Until it is washing all the worry and concern and questions away.
 

4 comments:

  1. how beautiful is your writing! i hope everything gets better. and it's true, i love how therapeutic rain can be!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks TJ. You are encouraging! Things are already begin to look up. And I am grateful for that. :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting from Casey's "what is on your heart" Following you! :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words Ashton :) and yes... i would have to agree that sometimes I too just need to hole up in the house and veg, and pray, and reflect. I think you're wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...