Monday, July 23, 2012

Some things I learned over the weekend....(explanation edition)


I have done a horrible job of writing this week. I admit it.

Erick and I have spent a lot of time up north at my parent's house this week. And I have the pictures to prove it. And lack of sleep. But, the time and memories and sunrises have been beyond worth it

This week has definitely been one of those weeks with a lot of change and trying to keep up and trying to work out a lot of the emotions that go along with that.

My brother is home from Japan, so we are trying to spend as much time with him as possible before he heads back to SC to start his new teaching position.

Erick just started a new job this week. We are taking a leap of faith by doing something new. And I am so excited for him because he is doing something that he loves and has wanted to do for a very long time.
He is such a patient person when it comes to waiting.

And then there's me: I am slowly confronting my fear of change. Slowly attacking my fear of failure. I am reminded of this verse as I struggle through some new oppurtunities and health struggles this week:

 "There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life--fear of death, fear of judgement--is one not yet fully formed in love." (1 John 4:18 msg).

In every season there is change and challenges and oppurtunities and a chance for growth.
And there is peace in that love.



2 comments:

  1. such a beautiful reminder. thank you and thoughts with you in overcoming fear of change. i know that one well.
    ~deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos. change can be hard but it can be so rewarding! i'm going through a big change this summer preparing for my wedding and my new life with kevin. i'm so excited!

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...