Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I love turtlenecks: An ode to fall fashion.


Is anyone else excited for cooler weather mostly because you are excited for Fall clothing? 
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that I love about fall. Michigan knows how to put on quite an elaborate display when it comes to this season. But, I would be lying if I didn't say that a huge part of my love for fall is the clothes. Magazines are beginning to touch the topic and it has me dreaming about boots and scarves and turtlenecks (I'm an old lady like that) and rich colored handbags.

Do you feel the tug on your heart to just peak in the plastic storage containers that hold all these items?

Sigh.

I'm not trying to hurry summer along (alright, yes I am) but it has to be one of my least favorite season to get dressed in. I know, it's getting personal now. 
To calm my wandering heart, I took it upon myself to buy a piece of clothing yesterday that is specifically for autumn weather. 
Small steps.

What is your favorite season as far as getting dressed goes?
Any upcoming trends you can't stand to wait on?

(personally, I am thrilled that polka dots are sticking around for awhile.Thank you J.Crew.)



12 comments:

  1. Love the Skirt! You look cute :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm craving layers for sure! And I'm getting sick of shorts, they definitely aren't as comfy as leggings and tights. The grass is always greener though and I'll be craving bikinis and coverups around january 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! January is when I start to break down too!

      Delete
  3. I am SO looking forward to fall and the clothes that come with it. I've definitely realized I love layers and cold-weather clothing much more than summer clothes!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more! Two thumbs up for layers. :)

      Delete
  4. It's not hot enough here yet for me to be ready for fall and actually fall here brings some of our hottest weather! Weird huh? I do love my fall wardrobe though. I've heard all about Michigan's fall and I'm quite jealous that I've never experienced it for myself...maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy Whitney! You can see how narrow my view of fall is. :) You need to come and visit Michigan! The sunsets and fall are two reasons we have established so far. ;)

      Delete
  5. oooh I can't wait for it, already got my eye on some new boots! Michigan summer can suck it, I'm so ready for Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It sure has been extremely hot this summer! I don't feel like I am in the right state! :)

      Delete
  6. i'm definitely excited for cooler weather! nothing beats all the endless layering options :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute outfit! can't wait for the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...