Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A blueberry mission in the morning

Yesterday my mom and I decided to tackle blueberry picking. My mother views this sorta' thing as more of a mission than a leisurely picking trip. This is business. We have a job to accomplish. And we got there in the early morning hours to see to it.

Translation: we picked as many blueberries as we possibly could for about two hours.

Naturally, I tapped out before she did.

Naturally, my mom's bucket was twice as full as mine.

I am obviously not cut out for such intense picking. 

But, in the midst of our blueberry picking frenzy I enjoyed taking in the sounds of the morning. It really is a peaceful thing to hear the birds chirping and to still see the dew on all the blueberry plants.

I am thankful for summer mornings like that. The ones where you witness the day beginning. It's almost as if you are a silent spectator to what happens every single morning.

So, even though my bucket of blueberries came in short, I got to spend a morning with my mother in God's perfect creation.

Mission accomplished.



8 comments:

  1. This looks like fun, and it really does look so peaceful and calming from what I can tell in the photos! Now I need to find myself a blueberry patch...

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry picking sounds like so much fun. We have some places around here but we've never been. Glad you had some peace and quiet to relax and enjoy summer. :)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went blueberry picking a few weeks ago..it was so much fun. Freshly picked always tastes amazing!! Looks like you had a ton of fun as well!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day! In Finland our variety of blueberries grows in the wild, so blueberry picking means going into a forest and lots of mosquitoes... definitely not my thing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, going blueberry picking sounds absolutely perfect right about now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautifully said! and oh i love the bluebs- going next week though not for two hours, that's committment!
    ~Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Visiting via The Wiegand's - I love finding other Michigan bloggers, I am your newest follower! :)

    xo
    Raechel
    http://livingthefancylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I really love this post -- how perfectly summer.

    Stopping by to say hi and to invite ya to link up with us this and any Friday you'd like at The ALOHA Friday HOP. It's just a sweet gathering of friends determined to help each other grow, grow, grow...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...