Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ring thing



 I hope I'm not the only lady out there that has a collection of baubles. I've always loved jewelry and accessorizing. What an effortless way to add to any outfit. And no, I don't wear these all at once.
 I am a minimalist at heart.
So, I thought I would share some of the rings that have remained and will remain with me until I hopefully have a little girl of my own someday that I can pass them onto. 

  1. My wedding ring and bands. I love the antique feel. The one piece of jewelry I wear everyday.

  2. My parents bought me this black hills gold ring for my 13th birthday. It was one of my first pieces of fine jewelry. And a big deal in my teenage mind. 

  3. This was my mom's ring when she was a teenager in the 70s. 

  4. I bought this sterling silver ring when I was 16. It has a lot of memories tied to it as I wore it continuously throughout my teenage years. 

  5. Another ring that belonged to my mother in the 70s. I love this ring. The turquoise is such a perfect color. Plus it was handmade especially for my mother, so her name is engraved in the silver underbelly of the ring. It has debuted as the star of many an outfit.

  6.  Erick bought me this ring on our honeymoon.

  7. The first piece of jewelry Erick ever bought me. It was a promise ring that he gave to me the summer of 2005. I cried like a baby.
What pieces of jewelry do you have in your possession that have a special meaning to you? 
What pieces do you always reach for?

12 comments:

  1. I love pieces with sentimental value, I wear my mum's dainty necklace from the seventies all of the time! Your wedding ring is absolutely beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 70s knew what was up when it comes to jewelry! I wish I my mom would have saved more of her pieces as I'm sure I would be begging her for them. :)

      Delete
  2. wow! beautiful rings! :)

    your blog is amazing.
    magical photos.

    xoxo

    + I'm following

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bibi! So glad to have you following along! :)

      Delete
  3. They are all soo cute, My name is Ashton too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get excited when I meet someone else with my name! Especially another girl! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that thought of passing them on to your daughter! I have a few rings that have been passed down to me, (including a turquoise one from new mexico and a jade one from thailand). Some of my most special treasures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those sound absolutely lovely bon bon! Turquoise is such a pretty stone.

      Delete
  5. The wedding ring is an obvious answer- other than that, I am not a big ring wearer. I love necklaces, though! I have a gazillion of them, but I have one with a little camera charm that I wear more than any of the others. I love that you have one of your mom's rings! My mom is not a jewelry-wearer, either, so no such luck for me. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The necklace you described sounds adorable. Out of all the jewelry you need one that is the favorite. :)

      Delete
  6. I love all your rings and they look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they all look so fine in my eyes! :’) I love your wedding ring, by the way. I’ve always wanted a plain gold band for my would-be wedding ring, but yours is definitely changing my mind right now. All those rings actually deserve to live forever like diamonds. I know you’ll take utmost care of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...