Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eating Goulash

On Monday Erick and I spent some time at his parent's house. I helped my brother-in-law put together a resume. And now everyone is going to want to hire him. We consumed mass amounts of goulash and fried bread with homemade strawberry jam. Yup. I just went there. And I think I ate one too many slices of the bread.

This was such a simple Monday, nothing too crazy. Unless you consider goulash crazy. Which I mean, the name makes no sense to me, so that's probable. But, back to the point: when Erick and I were living in South Carolina it was amazing all the things that I could think of that I missed about my families. And all of them were the tiniest of things. The seemingly insignificant things. The simple things.

When your hundreds of miles away you would give a lot to experience those things again. And now that we're back I don't want to take those things for granted. Life settles in. Stuff goes back to "normal". We get into old habits.

 It's Mondays like this that remind me. I need to make the small things a priority. Because you never know when the opportunity might be gone. And it's in those moments that you would trade all the seemingly huge things for one more minute doing something simple with your family. Like eating goulash.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love the simple moments with family, they need to be cherished. It sounds like you had a great Monday :)

    Krista

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...