Monday, May 14, 2012

Some things I learned over the weekend....

Sometimes (even though you are not a mother yet) people at church give you chocolate. Because you are married and really, that bambino could happen at any moment.

Traveling north to my hometown is like someone pushed a "pause" button. Everything just slows down and focuses.

When I see pictures of my brother on Facebook in his graduation garb looking all pomp and circumstance...I get a little misty.

I still can't eat more than one hot cake at a time (even though I have the deep desire to). I am pretty sure they instantly expand in my stomach = stuffed.

Staining old furniture is quite therapeutic.

Cold drinks are better in foam cups.

My parents are raising one stubborn golden retriever that keeps me on my toes when I doggie sit.

Country sunrises are still one of my favorite things.
 


10 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you received a chocolate at church on mom's day. This may mean that you will be one in the very near future. I love the photo of the golden lab your parents own. I'm a sucker for pups. Lovely post! :) www.findyoursparkle2.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, that is a very positive way to look at it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that puppy face! And I love your outfit, you look very sweet. That whole, 'you might get pregnant any moment' is so funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I can completely relate to the first comment. Definitely something that happens at my church, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, you are so right. you get some sort of gift for just having ovaries. but hey, i'll take chocolate any day ;)
    beautiful photos. love your phone case ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh out loud TJ!
      I definitely agree that free chocolate is worth it though. :)

      Delete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...