Thursday, May 31, 2012

On writing (and some gratitude)

Can I just say that the last few weeks have been so very encouraging to me. All thanks to you, dear readers and fellow bloggers.
I have greatly appreciated your time and comments on our little blog. This exercise of mine in writing about our everyday life.

It has been so very personal to me. And just like so many other bloggers, writing is a great passion of mine. And I don't think I am stretching too far when I say: there are few things as wonderful to a writer as someone taking the time to read what has been written.

I have come across a lot of articles and blog posts lately about what it means to be a writer. What does it mean to be "a blogger?" And of course, like a community of writers would have it, there is a varying in opinions.
Everything from the content of the blog, the quality of the pictures, to the outline and design is discussed and considered. Some comments are critical. Some opinions are shared. Discourse.

I just can't help but recognize the need (in me) to be quite transparent when I say that it is so easy to lose sight of what we are here to do. What am I here to do as a part in this community of writers? What am I here to share?
Because it's so easy to get caught up in design, and numbers of people reading, and how to spread the word that "hey! I exist over here!"

You know what I mean? 

At the end of the day we are all here to share something that is very personal about our lives. Our family. Our adventures. Our dreams. Our fears. Our failures. Our joys. Our story. 

It's about sharing our story. So that maybe someone else might find the courage to share theirs. Or someone might connect and begin to relate to a situation. Or maybe it brings a smile...some joy to the day.

Writing it down places our story out there. 

So, thank you for the last few weeks friends.

Thank you for reading our story and sharing in it and sharing yours in return.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this post -- because it's all so true. I think we've all been caught up in the numbers and things at some point or another, but at the end of the day it's just all about expressing ourselves and doing what we love, and hoping someone out there will read it and feel/think/express something as a result.

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! it's always so great to remember why we started blogging :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's been so great to meet you in this blogger world and follow your lovely life on this blog and instagram. after reading one or two of your posts i could tell, this girl...she likes to write AND is good at it. thank you for sharing your expressions with us!

    xo, amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. Such kind words, and I greatly appreciate them!
      I must say, that I feel exactly the same way about you and your blog! ;)

      Delete
  4. So refreshing to read this and so poignant. Thank you for sharing and helping us see our similarities and connections and also holding the space to see the ways in which we are different and unique through blogging. Have a great weekend! ~Deirdre

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...