Thursday, May 24, 2012

Marriage and ice cream

Last Friday Erick and I decided to stop at one of our favorite local ice cream shops. With the warmer weather hitting Michigan everyone has been getting into that summer mode. Shorts and all. There is a really long trail that backs up to this little joint (which we normally ride bikes on) that we decided to take a little walk on. It's obvious at this point that trails can be used to justify ice cream consumption. 

We had a really good time, just the two of us. Discussing life. Discussing the last few months and the journey our life together has taken. Even though we are married, I find we have to take time for each other. We have to make time where it can just be the two of us, away from distractions, so we can communicate.

It's just so important.

I honestly can not believe that we will be celebrating 6 years of marriage this August. Time flies. It really really does. Marriage is such a precious gift. A precious commitment. I am so grateful for my husband and the way he loves me. He is still my best friend. The one man that I love. The one man that I want to eat ice cream with.

Time simply flies when you are having fun. 

(P.S. I really want to push the husband's bangs to the side in this picture. That's commitment right there.) 



6 comments:

  1. What a cute post! It IS so important to make time for each other! It sounds like you two have a great marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! Just found your blog. Thanks for sharing this post : ) I'm so in awe of your 6 years, we are coming up on our second anniversary. 6 years seems so far, but I'm sure it goes by fast. It's great to hear that you guys still take time for just the two of you. We have regular date nights now - I'm hoping in 4 years, we still have them regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenn! Before you know it, six years will have passed and you'll still be having those date nights! :)
      Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 6 years! That's exciting, lady! Also, I totally agree about making time for each other.. it's just so important! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. six years?! wow that's so exciting im happy for you! That's so awesome that he's still your best friend. and that ice cream looks soooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. six years... you go girl! I think the husband and I need to have a little ice cream date. p.s. cute blog going on...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...