Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just another day in Michigan Pt. 2

I promise this is the last blast of pictures from this weekend. But, when you're having fun sometimes you get a little camera happy......right? Maybe that's just me.

We explored a trail when we were at the beach in Empire appropriately called: "Empire Bluffs Trail." Original, I know. I can't be too hard on "them" for the name though....because the end result was pretty spectacular.
The thing that I love about Michigan is that there have been many times when we (the husband and the family plus myself) have been walking through what seems like just a trail in the woods and then it suddenly opens up to something unexpected. A Michigan practical joke. See pictures below for proof of this theory.

We also spent a good part of our day in what has to be our favorite city: Traverse City. Their downtown is full of quaint shops and interesting buildings. One could spend a whole day down there just perusing through shops. Perusing and eating burgers. Over at J&S Hamburg that is. Good prices. Good burgers. Good times.

Lastly, I'm really not sure what any vacation would be without ice cream. That's just common sense. So many roads lead to ice cream. Naturally, our road led there too. Literally. Come to Michigan. Go to Moomers. One, the name is enough to make anyone smile. Two, this was the best ice cream I have ever had in the best waffle cone known to man (or at least known to me).
It was the perfect way to end a perfect day.
Now, here is a whole lot of pictures to hopefully confirm everything I just wrote....






3 comments:

  1. okay, absolutely adore all of these images! it looks like the whole trip was just so much fun!!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah these pictures of Michigan are amazing! Kind of reminds me of back home in Seattle, WA. Looks like you had an incredibly good time!

    p.s. I'm dying over your sandals. fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics.. looks like you all had a blast.. but please promise you'll stop climbing up on old wood fence things that look over a steep fall.. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...