Friday, March 23, 2012

I love Spring


I just really love the seasons. That is one of the many reasons why I love Michigan (in case you haven't already picked up those vibes from my writing). But, we really get to experience all four seasons in a distinctive way. So, let me just say: I love Spring in Michigan. I love the idea of things coming alive again. I love Easter. I love seeing the buds on trees and flowers popping up from the ground. Oh, and I love birds. Is there anything more enjoyable than hearing birds chirping on a beautiful sunny morning? I can think of very few things that give me warm fuzzies like that. Well, while I'm on the topic of Spring and everything it represents I might as well just share some of the things that have me smiling about the season.

1.) Those first few times you really get to spend time outside. Sitting on the deck, running through the grass, and just enjoying creation. There is just something about sitting outside and enjoying what is taking place around you.

2.) Ice cold beverages. Preferably enjoyed in the car. It just screams "warm weather". Ice cold coffee. Ice cold tea (sweetened). My time in the south has now made it impossible for me to enjoy tea unless I have a half of pound of sugar with it.

3.) Pastel colors. I have no idea what has come over me, but I have a sudden urge to paint everything mint green or pale pink. And this is a stretch from my normal neutral stance on everything. So, when in doubt take your new-found pastel obsession out on a kitchen appliance (see below).

4.) This has everything to do with the former statement. Something about this weather is welling up in me the urge to bake like a crazy woman. Cookies. Cakes. Cupcakes. All the things that a diabetic should not have. Congratulations to me, I have officially become domesticated. Pale pink blender and all.

5.) Fruit. I just associate it with warm weather. And I am pretty sure I have consumed my weight in Cuties the last few weeks.

This list could go on and on....but what are some things about Spring that have you beside yourself this year? It really is a season focused on becoming "new" and "growth" don't you think?

 
the husband with my parent's dog: Roxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...