Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Cold

I am finally getting over what has to be, in my mind, one of the worst colds I have ever had. And somehow, the word "cold" just doesn't do justice to the last week. Someone should really work on a better name for those bouts of sickness that render one to their couch/bed for five or more days. There is nothing pretty about being cut-off from society for that long.

I do find it ironic that "colds" (or in this case: "death sickness") always seem to strike when you are pushing yourself the most. At least that has been my experience. And as I'm trying to find the silver lining in a whole week of taking up residence on my rear, I've come up with this: rest. That's right. Sometimes our bodies remind us that we need rest. Sometimes it is forced upon us when we are rendered helpless, in need of nothing but Puffs plus lotion and Chicken-Noodle soup.

I hate being thrown off the schedule. But, sometimes we do need to literally be thrown off. I get so busy sometimes that I forget to take care of my physical self. That's not doing me any favors (see past week) or anyone else that chooses to push themselves to the brink. We need rest. We were designed for it. It gives us time to reflect and refocus on what really matters during our days/weeks/months.
And that would be the silver lining.

Hope your weekend is going well!

P.S.: Michigan had a visit from Spring this past week and I am hoping it comes back to visit again sometime soon. When I am actually presentable and not completely dependent upon my tissue box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...