Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Visiting Traverse City, Michigan Pt.1





I don't think that it is any secret that I love my state. I do. I love Michigan. Our state has a lot to offer and I am proud to call the mitten home.

With that said, one of my favorite places to visit in Michigan is Traverse City. My husband and I (along with many family members) have spent countless hours enjoying this diverse city. We have planned many family trips to the area exploring the outdoors in the greater Grand Traverse area along with our usual favorite spots.

After our most recent trip this past week I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite places in Michigan. As my family's "Itinerary Developer" I'm passing on the love to you.








 1.) One of our favorite places to visit is the Grand Traverse Pie Company. Established in TC and growing throughout the state. This place is cozy. I'm talking fireplace and all. But, if the fireplace doesn't do it for you, there is their pie. It rivals your Grandma's creation. Personally, I love their cherry pie (TC is the cherry capitol after all). The perfect combination of sweet and tart. Don't be fooled! This place has more than just unbelievable pie. You can get a combination of sandwiches, soups, and salads. Not to mention, some pretty awesome chicken pot pie (my husband's favorite). So, put on your cozy sweater, grab your favorite book, and go park in front of their fireplace with a warm piece of pie.









 2.) So, you like Pizza? Well, if you go to TC you better check out Pangea's Pizza Pub located in the heart of downtown Traverse City. Awesome pizza. The sauce, the cheese, the toppings = delicious. Great atmosphere. Plus, they serve a locally made pop (or soda....depending on where you are located) that is awesome. I look forward to getting a glass every time I visit. You must go.




3.) We all need breakfast in the morning. Or we get hangry (hungry leads to angry which leads to hangry). So, you might as well just head on over to The Omelette Shop before things get ugly. We always go to the one located in downtown TC. This place is tiny and cute and gives off a cozy diner vibe. And if you love eggs.....well it is heaven. You can choose from a bazillion different types of omelette combinations or make your own. Yes, this a place where the coffee flows freely and the overall smell in the air is cinnamon rolls. My last word of advice to you: try their cinnamon raisin bread (drizzled in frosting) to top off that omelette.


2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of omelettes and that one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! I've had a lot of omelettes and this one was definitely up there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...