Thursday, January 19, 2012

Delays...

Many people know now that Erick and I are planning on moving back to our cherished state of Michigan in just a few short weeks. Yes, our journey in SC had come to a close.

Some may be wondering what went wrong, assuming we didn't like the school or the people or whatever other reason one thinks of when people move. But, the truth is, it really has nothing to do with any of those things.

I hope to be able to share some of our stories and lessons and growth through this blog the next couple of weeks. I feel as if it is fitting to say, for now, that God has done good things here. And I will probably not do justice in my explanations of those exact things.

The faithfulness of God has been demonstrated time and time again to me here. And yet, I have caught myself wavering in my faith these last few days as I wait for a new place to live. As I wait for Erick to be provided with a new job. As I wait for stability. As I wait for home. As I wait to see family and dear friends. As I wait to get involved in serving. As I wait.

Obedience is a funny thing. In the sense that you have to keep choosing to do whatever it is that God has called you to be faithful in. In my case, it's laying down anxiety and fear and control and trusting in His faithfulness. Choosing to remember and act on what God had already done.

I was reminded of a verse that some dear mentors sent to us on a sticky note as our journey just began here.It confronted my doubt today: "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."- Psalm 27:13-14.

Over the verse, these words were written: "God's delays are not necessarily His denials".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...