Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A little thanks

"Holiday, oh, holiday! And the best one of the year...."

With this being only a few short days before Thanksgiving.....I thought I would be as cliche' as possible and compose a list of some of the lovely things I am indeed thankful for.
I pondered how to go about this: should I use the alphabet as my guide? I mean, letters are fun. Should I only do the top ten? Or maybe the top 25...to coincide better with turkey day? An acronym. Yes, that's it.

With that, here is the list with none of the above.

My God. Poke fun if you want. But, I am grateful for Jesus and mercy and not getting what is fair. And I intend to live every day of my life striving to represent that. Loving others and following truth. And guess what? I'm not too worried that it isn't popular.

My Husband. Please see previous post for the extended version. Simply put, I am grateful he is in my life.

My Parents(biological and "adopted"). Shout out to both sides. So grateful that my parents raised me to be aware of life. A great gift. They have done more for me than I could ever give back. So grateful for my in-laws: I have gained another family.

My brothers. Two of my favorite people. They make my life a happier place. I'm grateful for all the memories we have had.

Diabetes Research. I am so blessed to have the aid of technology and information to help control my disease. I have the chance to live a longer life because of it.

My guitar. There are so few moments that I enjoy more than just playing by myself. The ability to enjoy music is such a privilege.

My Kitty. Honestly, some people may not get this. But, she has brought so much laughter into my life. She is my buddy and pal: a part of my family.

God's Word I am not thankful enough to have access to the Bible on a daily basis.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...