Monday, March 8, 2010

The Perfect Spring Fling

So there I am. Snuggled in my bed...under a mess of blankets. I like layers. I'm half dreaming...because I dream a lot. My head is enjoying a "perfect fluffy pillow" moment. And then, I hear it. It moves through my apartment distinctly. Birds. I can hear them chirping. The songs they like to sing in the morning versus any other time of the day. Personally, I respect birds for that. Because if there was ever a time of day that I normally did not feel like singing (and this is rare) it would be in the morning. It could be because I am not a morning person by any means, and I wouldn't want anyone to get the false impression that I was by singing. Or it could be because I feel like everything should be quiet in the morning. A time of peace. Or maybe it's because I can't seem to sing a single note without a negative fluctuation in my vocal chords in the wee morning hours. Apparently birds do not suffer from morning voice.

Anyways. I heard it. And that is a sure sign of spring. And call me sentimental, but there are specific things that give me instant warm fuzzies along with a flood of happy memories...and birds singing in the morning do just that. So, while I know this "spring fling" we are having probably will be crushed by at least one more snow fall, today is going to be 50 degrees. And that is lovely.

On days like today I just want to hop into my car and roll the windows down. Put in my favorite CD and just drive down random roads as the sunshine pours in. This driving excursion requires me to put on my favorite sunglasses of course...and I need a beverage by my side. Something about spring makes me want to drink iced coffee. Extra ice.
So, on this almost-spring day I'm wondering what signs of the season make your heart beat sentimentally and you just have to do: . Fill in the blank.

2 comments:

  1. The first day you walk out your front door and smell dirt... ah, that's Spring.

    I smelled dirt today, so it's off to the store to buy a pair of sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...